Sunday, February 28, 2010

How can I avoid getting split ends between haircuts?

I just got my hair cut and I'd like to keep it nice for a while...any suggestions? Also keep in mind that I straighten my hair almost every day.How can I avoid getting split ends between haircuts?
I also straighten my hair every day and i used to get split ends all the time, but about a year I read an article on healthy hair and it changed the way I treat my hair as well as my split ends.


First always use a heat protectant, I like Tresemme's 'Heat Tamer Protective Spray' the best, before you straighten.


(And always make sure your hair is completely dry before straightening, even if you have a flat-iron made for use on wet hair it will still fry your ends causing them to split.)


After straightened hair has cooled use a conditioning cream, this will also help control fly-aways.


And once the splits do start to return, you can use a very small amount of olive oil and rub it through your hair at the bottom, this sounds crazy but it does hide the dried, split, and fried hair.How can I avoid getting split ends between haircuts?
To keep your hair nice I'd use a shampoo and conditioner that is rich in moisture, like the Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal collection. When you straighten your hair use a heat protecting spray, like Tresemme heat tamer protective spray. On the days when you don't straighten your hair use Pantene Time Renewal shampoo and conditioner, it works wonders on repairing damaged hair and preventing it. I used to blow dry my hair everyday and by using that it's looking and feeling a whole lot healthier.
Use a deep conditioner on your hair once a week and pick up a product marked for heat shield. Those should help.
Hi there..


as an ex beauty professional..I can tell you that if you are str8tening your hair every day..there is no way to stop split ends! (do NOT as the other person said, use head and shoulders..that stuff strips the hair and avoid pantene..pantene is known by all beauty professionals to leave a nasty buildup in your hair!)


a leave in conditioner will go a long way to help (I like infusium myself, as it is made to work with heat)..also, go to your local beauty supply store, the ones with the pricey brands of shampoos etc..look for shampoos for intense heat sytled hair..deep conditioners, moisturizing shampoos-frizz tamers etc.


these will go a long way to help minimize the damage, but wont prevent it. Anything you can buy in a regular market is not going to help your hair either..those things don't have the proper ph level, and most market hair products have alcohol in them..which obviously doesn't help at all!


The best way to prevent it (and it is most difficult with curly hair) is to find a style for curly hair..put a fly away/frizz tamer in your hair, and just run your fingers through it. (believe it or not, brushing causes split ends and frizz, esp for curly haired folk)


let it air dry and go...I find most of those hairstyles to be very cute anyways. :-)


good luck
PUT SOME MILK IN A SPRAY BOTTLE. Spray on the hair when damp, and leave for 20 minutes. Then rinse off with shampoo. This straightens the hair and give it a shine.


Regularly massage warm castor oil into your scalp and hair to prevent split ends


Hair is continuously growing and is being shed simultaneously. Home made beauty recipes based on herbs and natural ingredients help improve hair growth. The luster in your hair will depend on what you eat and also on how you treat it. To Know more about your hair http://tipsfromruby-hairgrow.blogspot.co鈥?/a> will help you
every few days use a really heavy conditioner on all your hair. if your ends are starting to get a little dry btween the times you use the heavy conditioner, spray a little bit of leave-in conditioner on them. don't use too much though because it can make the ends heavy and will make your hair look flat.
check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:-- Dry hair / Oily hair/ Splitends / Fruit Packs for scalp


http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-42eT_e8_b鈥?/a>
i chop them off when i see them. I also recommend coconut oil b/c it helps prevents them.
dont put a lot of junk like hairspray in ur hair and dont wash it everyday. i would suggest using head and shoulders and using a leave in conditioner after.
may be u can use hair holder.


ask hair designer or a barber shop.


have a nice hair cut

No comments:

Post a Comment