Friday, February 26, 2010

Wheat is a good pet store chain that gives good cheap haircuts for dogs?

Do you prefer Petco over Petsmart or some other common pet groomer?


I have a toy poodle/terrier that needs constant trims, so the less expensive the better.


Thanks!Wheat is a good pet store chain that gives good cheap haircuts for dogs?
It depends on each and every individual store.





Every Petsmart and Petco has difference people working there (obviously) so the quality of service and care varies by each store.





The Petsmart where I live has decent grooming for pretty cheap prices. They certainly are not the best grooming shop out there, but when it comes to just keeping a pet clean and happy, they can do it just fine.Wheat is a good pet store chain that gives good cheap haircuts for dogs?
Have you ever thought about doing your own grooming? I am not concerned so much with how cheap than I am with how they don't stress out the dogs that they groom. I use to use PetSmart because I worked there in the store, but then I switched to one of my students who trained to groom and take her there. Too many groomers that I have seen in grooming shops tend to be in a hurry and the dogs are all stressed out, and groomers tend to get rough with them. You have to observe them and then decide where to go. I have seen groomers walk away from the dogs when they are standing on the table with the loose on around their neck. Not a place I would want to go with my dog.
depending on how much you Love your dog, You cant either go to pet stores and get inferior haircuts on them or find a good groomer. A long time ago we had a mini Poodle well my hubby drove truck and we had to go to where ever we could find a groomer, well we went to Pet Smart to get it done and the girl was on the floor stocking shelves, she got up off of the floor and proceeded to groom my dog. Never again. Now we have a woman that comes to house and does our dogs all 9 of them and the are standard poodles. gets them all done in one day and cost 50 dollars a dog. she has been doing them for ten yrs now.
I suggest you find a small little shop, tucked away somewhere that isn't very busy. Stay away from the big busy shops cause there is a lot of commotion all the time. Very distracting for the dogs, which cause groomers to get frustrated cause the dog won't behave %26amp; that leads to stiff corrections that are not necessary.





I used to groom from my home %26amp; I was busy everyday. I did not advertize except through several Vets. I only scheduled dogs that I knew I could handle in one day %26amp; did not push myself for speed. I had one brusher %26amp; bather %26amp; we only did 10 to 12 dogs a day. Sometimes only 6 or 7 depending of what the grooming entailed. I always took my time on puppies %26amp; the old.





These groomers are in it for the love of dogs %26amp; their work %26amp; not for the money. I had a speciality of dealing with dogs with behavioral problems. That was why I worked through Vets.
Petco seems to be a very good store. They have a variety of classes and grooming information. If you can do your own trim with a comb and scissors that would really save you money too.
petsmart is pretty cheap and they have great groomer i go there every week so i woul pick petsmart over petco also a trim at petsmart is only around $15
Either can be good or bad. The quality of the haircut is only as good as the individual groomer. Ask around to find out who in your area is the best.
Petco
  • money
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment