Friday, February 26, 2010

Why do many women tend to prefer shorter haircuts as they get older?

Is it just for easier maintenance or do they believe they are more suited to shorter hairstyles as they get older? Personally, I believe long hair on a woman of any age looks fantastic.Why do many women tend to prefer shorter haircuts as they get older?
long hair is to hot


I love my long hairWhy do many women tend to prefer shorter haircuts as they get older?
I think its ease of care for one thing. As a person ages, the hair changes and sometimes it takes more hair care products and more prep time each morning to make the hair look good. The other thing is that the lines of a women's face changes with age, and there are some vertical lines on the face (ie: around the mouth) that if the hair is long and straight, these lines are accentuated and show up a lot more. If the hair is shorter, it can frame the face better, be a bit softer and not call out the 'lines' on a women's face as much. Plus, colored hair looks better short as it is growing out. My opinion only ---- :)
mayb.... their life span shorter
so do i. its jus that we all hav different tastes...ppl wants to try new looks on them.
well all the hair gurus on what not to wear or any other makeover show say that in the 'rules' after turining 30, long hair ages you and makes you appear heavier.
Easier to maintain-gives them more time to enjoy hair and they are comfortable wit their age :-)





One day we all get to that point, then we let it grow long again!
I can't speak for all women, just myself. I prefer the short hair because I do not have the time to tend to my hair the way I did as a teenager. I have four sons, a husband, and a business to run, so every minute saved is fine with me.
I think they just get tired of looking after it, plus, short hair is just more professional looking.
I think it is a maintenance issue....I can speak for myself and my mom...My mom would love her hair to be longer but it is such a fuss to work with so she keeps it short. Everytime I try to let my hair grow out it gets to looking shaggy and unmanageable and I end up getting it cut neck-length.. Like I said, we all wish for the longer lengths but I don't think it is gonna happen....
Because it starts to get gray and they don't like it then it gets all stringy and then....they cut it short....EASY!
im not sure. it might be a maitenance thing, maybe since they got a man they arnt that concerned suducing him with it anymore! i know for me, im 17 and until i was 14 i had really long hair, when i cut it real short i didnt want to go back! it framed my face so much better, and i think its cuter, kind of boyish.
when they were younger adults the fashion was to have shorter hair, they have sort of ';modernized'; there look but its still similar. also it is easier to handle and take care of.
  • money
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment