Monday, February 22, 2010

What are some cat haircuts that will still keep my cat looking cute?

My cat is full of knots and mats and my vet recommended that I got her shaved because it is unhealthy. He also told me that is is good for her digestive system (hairballs) and a cool option for the summer months. Now I'm thinking that if I have to go through with this I could have a little fun with it and keep her looking cute. My vet suggested a lion cut (shave everything but paws, tip of tail, and head) and I saw a picture of a cat with a punk cut (same thing as a lion cut but with a little mohawk down it's back). Does anyone have an ideas of things they have seen or have come up with that could turn her potentially horrifying hair doo into something that people will think is cute?What are some cat haircuts that will still keep my cat looking cute?
I am a professional groomer and i would have to see the cat and feel how the mats are.there are different things I have done but somtimes it's not able to be done. A lion cut I would think might be the best and them you can always have it reshaved and done a different way.What are some cat haircuts that will still keep my cat looking cute?
just trim the poor things hair.
haha, i actually like the lion cuts.
I have heard of doing just a belly shave on a long haired cats that don't like their stomachs brushed but never heard of shaving the whole cat. You must have let things get really bad.....I'd get a belly shave and let the groomer work on the rest of her coat. Shaving the whole cat doesn' protect it from heat or cold - sounds like a bad idea, or if it must be done, leave as much coat as possible.
Sorry - but I don't find it amusing that you want to find a clever way to cut kitties fur off.





Cats don't just magically become full of knots and mats. It's due to neglect. Why haven't you been combing this cat? Longhair cats need to be groomed DAILY. If you don't ';have the time'; to do this or don't want to be bothered please give this cat up to someone who will. Letting a cat's coat get matted and knotted is not only unhealthy for the cat but also be VERY painful as the knots and mats pull at their skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment